Join the Newcastle Greens
- Newcastle’s missed opportunity to do tourism differently
- Margaret Henry Memorial Lecture
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
Tag Archives: CBD Revitalisation
The aggressive commitment to affordable housing by Newcastle Council has been heralded by Greens Councillor John Mackenzie as the defining achievement of this Council term to date. “Everyone needs a home where they can feel secure, live comfortably and be … Continue reading
Greens Councillor John Mackenzie says a move to turn the Hunter Street pedestrian mall into a road with a higher speed limit is the consequence of planning decisions “choking the city”. Newcastle City Council approved an “East End streetscape” plan on … Continue reading
The facade of Newcastle’s iconic Store building should be incorporated into the state government’s proposed bus interchange, Greens councillor John Mackenzie says. Cr Mackenzie will urge Newcastle councillors to back him at a city council meeting on Tuesday. Cr Mackenzie wants the Store’s … Continue reading
The Newcastle Greens are getting behind a bold proposal for a 160km network of safe, accessible and interconnected walking and cycling paths linking key locations across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. The proposal, dubbed the “Active Travel Transport Infrastructure Project 2016”, … Continue reading
Press conference with Adam Bandt, member Melbourne for and Michael Osborne Greens candidate for Newcastle See the full press conference on Hunter TV here.
Rally postponed until Saturday 6th September.
Video from EcoTransit Sydney
Tim Owen has announced that he will not recontest the seat of Newcastle because it is likely that prohibited donors “contributed in some way” to his election campaign. This decision is the proper one. But in the wake of the … Continue reading
The Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy received a prize for ‘best large project’ from the Planning Institute of Australia last Tuesday night. The strategy was not quite the work of collaboration it was made out to be by the prize-givers, since … Continue reading
Dear Lord Mayor Pursuant to clauses 7.1.3 and 7.2, of Newcastle Council’s Code of Meeting Practice, we, the undersigned, hereby request that you call an Extraordinary Meeting of Newcastle Council as outlined below. An extraordinary Council Meeting on the draft … Continue reading