Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: State Government
Rally postponed until Saturday 6th September.
Greens NSW Transport Spokesperson, Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC, today called on the NSW Minister for Transport to back up claims that her government’s proposed Newcastle light rail would increase public transport use. “The state government is now distributing a glossy … Continue reading
Newcastle Port sale a bad deal for NSW and a disaster for Newcastle What are you thinking Barry? Paying for Newcastle’s urban renewal by selling a revenue generating asset (Newcastle port) to remove another revenue generating asset (the city’s rail … Continue reading
Below are two videos from the NURS2012 public meeting we held last month. Councillor Michael Osborne discusses the various issues in the NURS2012 document and David Shoebridge MLC discusses planning in a statewide context with reference to the white and … Continue reading
A Greens Vision for Newcastle Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy 2012 Refocussed on the community The State Government has delivered a plan for Newcastle that cuts residents out of decision-making, delivers windfall profits for developers by allowing bigger, fatter buildings, ignores … Continue reading
2012 will be remembered as the Year the State Government Sidelined the Community. The government has released a number of glossy policy documents throughout the year and despite the promises, in each case they have ignored the concerns of the … Continue reading
This week two major protests are being organised to bring home to government that they can’t stop funding art education in TAFE without consequences. We’re still astounded that the government can be so short-sighted and ill-informed about the work of … Continue reading
25 June 2012 The Greens NSW passed a motion at their State council meeting on the weekend condemning the O’Farrell Government’s decision to allow coal seam gas pilot production at Fullerton Cove near Newcastle. Greens NSW MP and mining spokesperson … Continue reading
19 June 2012 Newcastle Greens today called on the state government to urgently release details of its promised plan for revitalising the Newcastle CBD, in the light of this week’s announcement that Landcom will be buying up much of GPT’s … Continue reading