Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: Renewable Energy
Newcastle and the Hunter Valley will be eligible for a major share of $250 million in upfront investment to support and assist coal workers and coal communities to manage the transition to a low carbon future under a plan announced … Continue reading
The Newcastle and Lake Macquarie Greens are backing calls from the community and renewable energy industry for the Abbott Government to protect and strengthen, not cut, the Renewable Energy Target. Participating in the national Rally for Renewables, Greens by-election candidate for Newcastle … Continue reading
THE latest revelations in the Independent Commission Against Corruption have highlighted the urgent need to go back to first principles to get good planning back on track in Newcastle. This is especially so in light of the Planning Assessment Commission … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens hopes you will attend our Forum ‘Dancing with the devil is a risk we can’t afford’ at Newcastle Town Hall on Friday May 16 at 7.30pm. Special Guests include: Jeremy Buckingham MLC; Simon Sheikh from Fossil free Australia; … Continue reading
COMMUNITIES are taking whatever action is necessary and saying: Enough is enough. It’s time to move our money out of fossil fuels and into the clean energy economy. Everyday Australians are banding together to protect their land, their water and … Continue reading
It has now been confirmed: we can power Australia with 100% clean energy by 2030 for around the same cost as polluting fossil fuels. We know that Abbott wants to cut the $10+ billion of clean energy investment that the … Continue reading
THE latest Newspoll survey of voters across the country puts Rudd’s Labor neck-and-neck with the Abbott Coalition in the race for control of the Federal Parliament. It would be a poor outcome for Australia if either old party gained unfettered … Continue reading
How much renewable energy could Australia install for 10 billion bucks each year? We reckon a lot! Ten billion dollars is the amount of money the Australian Government hands over every year in subsidies to fossil fuel companies to help them … Continue reading