Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Tag Archives: Public Transport
The Greens candidate for the Federal seat of Newcastle, Dr John Mackenzie, today called on newly endorsed federal Liberal candidates in the Hunter to publicly support the regional community’s concerns about the state Coalition government’s unfolding Newcastle light rail fiasco.
The Newcastle Greens are getting behind a bold proposal for a 160km network of safe, accessible and interconnected walking and cycling paths linking key locations across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. The proposal, dubbed the “Active Travel Transport Infrastructure Project 2016”, … Continue reading
Cessnock residents will board a bus in Cessnock tomorrow morning (Friday December 19th) to catch the “last train” to Newcastle” fro Maitland Station. The event is being co-ordinated by Cessnock Greens Councillor James Ryan. ‘After Christmas Day there will be … Continue reading
Rally postponed until Saturday 6th September.
A group from Eco Transit, including the Federal Member for Perth, will arrive at N ewcastle Station at 11.50am. A SOR crowd is to meet the visitors (strong heavy rail supporters), who will then board the “Famous Tram” to see … Continue reading
Video from EcoTransit Sydney
Tim Owen has announced that he will not recontest the seat of Newcastle because it is likely that prohibited donors “contributed in some way” to his election campaign. This decision is the proper one. But in the wake of the … Continue reading
Greens NSW Transport Spokesperson, Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC, today called on the NSW Minister for Transport to back up claims that her government’s proposed Newcastle light rail would increase public transport use. “The state government is now distributing a glossy … Continue reading