Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Tag Archives: Port Expansion
Dear friends As you know, the NSW government is considering another coal loader for Newcastle (T4). Our best avenue to stop them? A huge show of opposition from the people of Newcastle! The attached flyer lets people do just that … Continue reading
Media release: 23 November 2012. Embargoed: 5am, Saturday 24 November 2012 Privatisation of Port Kembla and Port Botany will undermine the Hunter’s future economic diversity yet local member Tim Owen was silent when the bill went through the NSW parliament, … Continue reading
SUBMISSION re: development proposal Incitec Ammonium Nitrate Manufacturing Facility Project,SSD-9986Heron Road, Kooragang Island Newcastle Port does not have a Strategic Plan for its future development We note that decisions made today have the potential to lock the Port into continuation … Continue reading
Let me assure you, it’s a bit of a mess at the moment! Lots going on. Our Councillors, Therese and Michael haven’t had time to recover from campaigning mode. They are both working hard on current Council issues, liaising with … Continue reading
Dear Members and Supporters, RE: Community call for Commission of Inquiry into the Development of Newcastle Port We need to collect a minimum of 500 hard copy signatures for the attached petition by 16th November in order for MLC Cate … Continue reading
NO MORE “Business as usual” AT NEWCASTLE PORT OUR PORT OUR FUTURE COMMUNITY FORUM Friday 17th August, 2012 To see full report click here
A public Commission of Inquiry into the operation and future development of the Port of Newcastle that includes investigation of the health, safety and amenity impacts of Port operations is long overdue. The Government’s denial and delay in addressing valid … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens today called on Port Waratah Coal Services to publicly release all documentation it has related to health effects on workers or anyone else associated with its Newcastle coal operations.
Newcastle Greens today called for work on Port Waratah Coal Services’ T4 coal loader development to be immediately and indefinitely suspended in the light of today’s release of a health study finding accelerated cancer levels among workers at the company’s … Continue reading