Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: Port Expansion
WHEN Newcastle lord mayor Jeff McCloy offered ‘‘the support of the city’’ to the planned fourth coal loader in a glowing submission to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure, he did so without the authority of the council. And, in … Continue reading
Review of Port Waratah Coal Services Terminal 4 Project (MP10_0125) Preferred Project Report, November 2013 – Objection – Newcastle Greens
This document outlines the important deficiencies in the “REVIEW OF PORT WARATAH COAL SERVICES TERMINAL 4 PROJECT” (the Project). The document does not focus on the obvious deficiencies of this project with respect to climate change, the unacceptable impact on … Continue reading
The State Government has a poor record in regulating industrial activities in the Port of Newcastle. And now the State Government wants to sell-off our Port and they are telling Newcastle people that everything will be OK because “the new … Continue reading
Newcastle Port sale a bad deal for NSW and a disaster for Newcastle What are you thinking Barry? Paying for Newcastle’s urban renewal by selling a revenue generating asset (Newcastle port) to remove another revenue generating asset (the city’s rail … Continue reading
12 Apr 2013 The Greens today have welcomed reports that Port Waratah Coal Services has delayed Newcastle’s proposed forth coal terminal T4, calling it a testament to the strength and tenacity of the local community campaign. They are calling on … Continue reading
Monday, 15 April 2013 with Greens Senators Richard Di Natale and Lee Rhiannon Newcastle Room, Newcastle City Hall 7pm (for 7:30pm start) All welcome. Free entry. Australian Greens spokesperson for health Dr Richard Di Natale and NSW Greens Senator Lee Rhiannon … Continue reading
Join us to hear the results of a recent air pollution study funded and coordinated by Hunter community groups. When: Thursday 7th March 2013 5:30pm for 6pm start Where: The Lovett Gallery, Newcastle Region Library, 2nd Floor, Laman Street, Newcastle 2300 Many … Continue reading
If you Care ……….. About the health risks associated with coal About government collusion with vested lobby groups About lack of protection for prime agricultural lands About transport infrastructure needs for everyday people About the failure of power brokers to … Continue reading