Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: pollution
The results from the Lower Hunter Particle Characterisation Study released today by the NSW EPA pinpoints the sources of industrial air pollution in Newcastle and provides all the evidence needed for the EPA to embark on a targeted pollution reduction … Continue reading
It’s time we took the air we breathe more seriously. Industries continue to pump dangerous emissions into our atmosphere that have huge costs to human health – and Australia’s air quality protections are lagging behind. The Greens will deliver a … Continue reading
THE latest Newspoll survey of voters across the country puts Rudd’s Labor neck-and-neck with the Abbott Coalition in the race for control of the Federal Parliament. It would be a poor outcome for Australia if either old party gained unfettered … Continue reading
How much renewable energy could Australia install for 10 billion bucks each year? We reckon a lot! Ten billion dollars is the amount of money the Australian Government hands over every year in subsidies to fossil fuel companies to help them … Continue reading
A public Commission of Inquiry into the operation and future development of the Port of Newcastle that includes investigation of the health, safety and amenity impacts of Port operations is long overdue. The Government’s denial and delay in addressing valid … Continue reading
URGENT PUBLIC MEETING FERN BAY HALL Vardon Road 7.00PM Wednesday 20th JUNE 2012 Plans already in the process for FULLERTON COVE include GAS FIRED POWER STATIONS REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER TREATMENT PLANT GAS STORAGE FACILITIES MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE 32 HA HYDROPONIC GLASS … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens today launched their Protected and enhanced environment policy on World Environment Day, 94 days out from the Council elections, with a set of actions that will save the Council and save the community in the long term.