Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: planning
Rally postponed until Saturday 6th September.
Greens councillors are calling for Jeff McCloy to stand down as Newcastle Lord Mayor, amid an ongoing ICAC probe into political donations. It follows Mr McCloy’s admission that he contributed almost $10,000 to Tim Owen’s 2011 state election campaign. See … Continue reading
Tim Owen has announced that he will not recontest the seat of Newcastle because it is likely that prohibited donors “contributed in some way” to his election campaign. This decision is the proper one. But in the wake of the … Continue reading
Cr Michael Osborne today has called on the state government to be open and honest and remove themselves from planning for the Newcastle City Centre. “The State Government has appointed their own state government developer UrbanGrowth NSW to coordinate the … Continue reading
The Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy received a prize for ‘best large project’ from the Planning Institute of Australia last Tuesday night. The strategy was not quite the work of collaboration it was made out to be by the prize-givers, since … Continue reading
Dear Lord Mayor Pursuant to clauses 7.1.3 and 7.2, of Newcastle Council’s Code of Meeting Practice, we, the undersigned, hereby request that you call an Extraordinary Meeting of Newcastle Council as outlined below. An extraordinary Council Meeting on the draft … Continue reading
Newcastle Port sale a bad deal for NSW and a disaster for Newcastle What are you thinking Barry? Paying for Newcastle’s urban renewal by selling a revenue generating asset (Newcastle port) to remove another revenue generating asset (the city’s rail … Continue reading
Community forums have been announced for 17 metropolitan and regional locations around NSW, to listen to the community’s feedback on the NSW Government’s White Paper – A new planning system for NSW. The sessions will be held in nine regional centres across … Continue reading
2012 will be remembered as the Year the State Government Sidelined the Community. The government has released a number of glossy policy documents throughout the year and despite the promises, in each case they have ignored the concerns of the … Continue reading