Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Tag Archives: planning
Last month the Hunter and Central Coast Development Corporation (HCCDC) released the ‘Honeysuckle Foreshore Public Domain Plan’. It presents ‘design concepts’ and ‘artist impressions’ for public areas in Honeysuckle West, along the last remaining area of undeveloped foreshore. The Plan … Continue reading
The aggressive commitment to affordable housing by Newcastle Council has been heralded by Greens Councillor John Mackenzie as the defining achievement of this Council term to date. “Everyone needs a home where they can feel secure, live comfortably and be … Continue reading
Greens Councillor John Mackenzie says a move to turn the Hunter Street pedestrian mall into a road with a higher speed limit is the consequence of planning decisions “choking the city”. Newcastle City Council approved an “East End streetscape” plan on … Continue reading
The facade of Newcastle’s iconic Store building should be incorporated into the state government’s proposed bus interchange, Greens councillor John Mackenzie says. Cr Mackenzie will urge Newcastle councillors to back him at a city council meeting on Tuesday. Cr Mackenzie wants the Store’s … Continue reading
The Greens candidate for the Federal seat of Newcastle, Dr John Mackenzie, today called on newly endorsed federal Liberal candidates in the Hunter to publicly support the regional community’s concerns about the state Coalition government’s unfolding Newcastle light rail fiasco.
Greens MPs Adam Bandt and Senator Lee Rhiannon will join Newcastle Federal Candidate John Mackenzie in Newcastle on Friday 18th March to launch the Greens ‘Bright Ideas for Newcastle’ platform. At the first of a series of public forums in … Continue reading
The Newcastle Greens are getting behind a bold proposal for a 160km network of safe, accessible and interconnected walking and cycling paths linking key locations across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. The proposal, dubbed the “Active Travel Transport Infrastructure Project 2016”, … Continue reading
Friday 21 November 2014 Greens Councillor Therese Doyle today told a NSW Upper House parliamentary Inquiry that she had called for a full investigation of Newcastle Council by the Office of Local Government. Clr Doyle told the Inquiry, which held … Continue reading