Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Tag Archives: Newcastle Council
The aggressive commitment to affordable housing by Newcastle Council has been heralded by Greens Councillor John Mackenzie as the defining achievement of this Council term to date. “Everyone needs a home where they can feel secure, live comfortably and be … Continue reading
Here’s your opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions of your local candidates in the Newcastle Council election: 29 August: Aesha Awan will be speaking at the Ward 4 Candidate Forum organised by ConnectAbility at Wallsend Library https://www.facebook.com/events/111515282852290/ … Continue reading
MEDIA RELEASE GREENS LAUNCH COUNCIL CAMPAIGN TO PUT COMMUNITIES FIRST 21 August, 2017 The Greens today launched their campaign to contest all four wards and the Lord Mayoralty in the upcoming Newcastle Council election. Lord Mayor and Ward 2 Candidate … Continue reading
Media release 18 December 2015 The Coalition’s forced amalgamations announced today have recommended that Newcastle and Port Stephens councils merge without a shred of evidence in support. The Newcastle – Port Stephens forced merger plan must now go through a … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens today announced Therese Doyle, as their candidate for the upcoming Lord Mayoral by-election on 15 November. Ms Doyle is currently a Greens councillor for Ward 2 on Newcastle City Council. “Accountable government and people-centred planning will be at … Continue reading
Developer bans should stay If the Hunter and NSW communities are to once again have confidence in democracy, developer dollars have to be kept out of the political process. If the environment is to be liveable and heritage preserved then … Continue reading
Greens councillors are calling for Jeff McCloy to stand down as Newcastle Lord Mayor, amid an ongoing ICAC probe into political donations. It follows Mr McCloy’s admission that he contributed almost $10,000 to Tim Owen’s 2011 state election campaign. See … Continue reading
Media Release 1 August 2014 Greens MP David Shoebridge has joined with Newcastle Greens Councillors Michael Osborne and Therese Doyle to call for the Lord Mayor, Cr Jeff McCloy, to stand aside from Council while the Independent Commission against Corruption … Continue reading