Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Tag Archives: Light Rail
Sinead Francis-Coan. Greens’ Candidate for Wallsend As the world transitions from fossil fuels to the energy of the future, local jobs and economic gain from this sector dwindle. As a region home to the world’s largest coal exports, the Hunter … Continue reading
Greens NSW Transport Spokesperson, Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC, today called on the NSW Minister for Transport to back up claims that her government’s proposed Newcastle light rail would increase public transport use. “The state government is now distributing a glossy … Continue reading
Newcastle Port sale a bad deal for NSW and a disaster for Newcastle What are you thinking Barry? Paying for Newcastle’s urban renewal by selling a revenue generating asset (Newcastle port) to remove another revenue generating asset (the city’s rail … Continue reading
Media release: 30 June 2013 This weekend’s state-wide gathering of Greens at Picton called for Newcastle’s Port to remain in public hands, intercity rail services to continue to the centre of Newcastle and reinvestment in the city to come from … Continue reading