Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: Kooragang Island
Greens Newcastle By-election candidate Michael Osborne has called on the Planning Assessment Commission considering the controversial T4 coal loader project to seek further advice about the impact of the recent decision by China to stop importing ‘dirty’ high ash coal. “This … Continue reading
WHEN Newcastle lord mayor Jeff McCloy offered ‘‘the support of the city’’ to the planned fourth coal loader in a glowing submission to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure, he did so without the authority of the council. And, in … Continue reading
Friday December 6th 2013: Message to Members and Supporters from Cr Michael Osborne NEW STATE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY FOR NEWCASTLE PORT 2013 Please take action (IT’S EASY). Cut and paste the form letter below, or write in your own words reasons … Continue reading
The State Government has a poor record in regulating industrial activities in the Port of Newcastle. And now the State Government wants to sell-off our Port and they are telling Newcastle people that everything will be OK because “the new … Continue reading
Newcastle Port sale a bad deal for NSW and a disaster for Newcastle What are you thinking Barry? Paying for Newcastle’s urban renewal by selling a revenue generating asset (Newcastle port) to remove another revenue generating asset (the city’s rail … Continue reading
2 June 2013 Greens councillor Michael Osborne has again raised the need for Council to be fully briefed about the risks posed by ammonium nitrate storage after emergency services raised concerns about a fire next to the Orica plant in … Continue reading
12 Apr 2013 The Greens today have welcomed reports that Port Waratah Coal Services has delayed Newcastle’s proposed forth coal terminal T4, calling it a testament to the strength and tenacity of the local community campaign. They are calling on … Continue reading
Monday, 15 April 2013 with Greens Senators Richard Di Natale and Lee Rhiannon Newcastle Room, Newcastle City Hall 7pm (for 7:30pm start) All welcome. Free entry. Australian Greens spokesperson for health Dr Richard Di Natale and NSW Greens Senator Lee Rhiannon … Continue reading