Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Tag Archives: Fullerton Cove
The NSW Government must act now to stop the Dart Energy pilot production coal seam gas development that threatens the Fullerton Cove community, our water catchment and internationally significant wetlands. This project, approved under the watch of the O’Farrell Government … Continue reading
The brave residents of Fullerton Cove, on the outskirts of Newcastle, have set up a blockade this morning to prevent Dart Energy from drilling two coal seam gas pilot production wells which are currently under construction. The locals have gathered … Continue reading
The residents of Fullerton Cove, just north of Newcastle, are firmly opposed to coal seam gas drilling in the area. This is clearly shown by the fact that just about every house in the suburb has a “Lock the Gate” triangle nailed to the front fence.
Fullerton Cove, in the Port Stephens local government area, sits within the Tomago-Stockton coastal aquifer that supplies 20% to 25% of the Lower Hunter’s drinking water supply.
Dart Energy has proposed coal seam gas drilling and extraction in the area, which would place the drinking water supply at risk of irreversible contamination.
In December last year, Port Stephens Council unanimously resolved to urge the state government that “no further exploration be permitted until such time as the impact of coal gas exploration is known.” Continue reading
Greens NSW pass proposal calling the Government to rescind CSG exploration approval at Fullerton Cove
Text of the Greens NSW resolution: That the Greens NSW condemn the NSW Government for allowing coal seam gas pilot production at Fullerton Cove which puts at risk part the Hunter’s drinking water supply, RAMSAR listed wetlands and the health and … Continue reading
25 June 2012 The Greens NSW passed a motion at their State council meeting on the weekend condemning the O’Farrell Government’s decision to allow coal seam gas pilot production at Fullerton Cove near Newcastle. Greens NSW MP and mining spokesperson … Continue reading
URGENT PUBLIC MEETING FERN BAY HALL Vardon Road 7.00PM Wednesday 20th JUNE 2012 Plans already in the process for FULLERTON COVE include GAS FIRED POWER STATIONS REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER TREATMENT PLANT GAS STORAGE FACILITIES MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE 32 HA HYDROPONIC GLASS … Continue reading