Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: Development
The facade of Newcastle’s iconic Store building should be incorporated into the state government’s proposed bus interchange, Greens councillor John Mackenzie says. Cr Mackenzie will urge Newcastle councillors to back him at a city council meeting on Tuesday. Cr Mackenzie wants the Store’s … Continue reading
MINE subsidence is a major constraint to Newcastle’s revitalisation, but the state government should not be undermining our public infrastructure fund by giving handouts to private developers, as they have recently announced. We need a sustainable, equitable and long-term solution, … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens PRESENTS SENATOR SCOTT LUDLAM & Other Guests A Smarter Newcastle A Smarter Future a forum of leading Newcastle citizens to discuss Q&A the future direction for the city and the region Saturday Evening Event 4th October 2014 SAVE … Continue reading
For the city at the centre of the saga, the consequences are yet to be realised. Greens Councillor Therese Doyle and Tim Crakanthorp are calling for a moratorium on development decisions made by the state government. See NBN report here.
See Greens Councillor, Therese Doyle’s interview on Current Affair regarding development in Janet Street Merewether. This is an example of how Private Certifiers don’t work at ensuring compliance. http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8864847/the-battle-for-janet-street
Friday December 6th 2013: Message to Members and Supporters from Cr Michael Osborne NEW STATE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY FOR NEWCASTLE PORT 2013 Please take action (IT’S EASY). Cut and paste the form letter below, or write in your own words reasons … Continue reading
The Herald has described the recent approval for a new Newcastle CBD courthouse as a “green light”. There is no support for this flawed proposal, however, from Newcastle Greens” announced Ward 3 candidate , Keith Parsons. Newcastle Greens call on … Continue reading