Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Tag Archives: Cycling
Greens Councillor John Mackenzie says a move to turn the Hunter Street pedestrian mall into a road with a higher speed limit is the consequence of planning decisions “choking the city”. Newcastle City Council approved an “East End streetscape” plan on … Continue reading
The Newcastle Greens are getting behind a bold proposal for a 160km network of safe, accessible and interconnected walking and cycling paths linking key locations across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie. The proposal, dubbed the “Active Travel Transport Infrastructure Project 2016”, … Continue reading
Greens Cr Michael Osborne has today called on the Minister for Transport, Gladys Berejiklian, to fund an engineering design study for the Richmond Vale Rail Trail, after the Minister announced funding for an engineering study into the Northern Rivers Rail Trail on … Continue reading
COUNCILLOR: M OSBORNE, T DOYLE MOTION Noting that (i) The role of a councillor is to represent the interests of the residents and ratepayers and to provide leadership and guidance to the community (Local Government Act 1993, Section 232), (ii) … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens Policy on Connected City (long version). Adopted August 2012 Newcastle Greens recognise that transport is a key component of a sustainable, fair and liveable city. Responsibility for transport infrastructure and services is shared among different spheres of government, … Continue reading
“The Newcastle Greens continue their campaign for safe, connected cycleways in Newcastle with the launch of this mobile phone app,” said Greens Councillor Michael Osborne. “The Bike BlackSpot app is a free app for iPhones which has been developed by … Continue reading