Join the Newcastle Greens
- Margaret Henry Memorial Lecture
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
Tag Archives: Corruption
Senator Lee Rhiannon is backing Michael Osborne, Newcastle Greens candidate, and his call for corruption watchdog measures to be tightened to remove the conflicts of interests many MPs have in dealing with the resource industry. “Clean politics is a priority … Continue reading
Media Release: 24 October 2014 The Greens Charter on Clean Politics Signed by Michael Osborne Signed by Jane Oakley Greens candidates for Newcastle and Charlestown, Michael Osborne and Jane Oakley joined Upper House MP John Kaye to take their final … Continue reading
Greens Member for Balmain Jamie Parker MP has backed calls by Greens Newcastle by-election candidate Michael Osborne that only the Greens can beat Labor in the by-election this Saturday and ensure the Newcastle community is heard in the Parliament.Jamie Parker, … Continue reading
Greens by-election candidate for Newcastle Cr Michael Osborne has called for projects and decisions under investigation by the NSW Parliamentary Inquiry into Planning Process in Newcastle and the Broader Hunter Region to be put on hold until the inquiry reports. … Continue reading
THE latest revelations in the Independent Commission Against Corruption have highlighted the urgent need to go back to first principles to get good planning back on track in Newcastle. This is especially so in light of the Planning Assessment Commission … Continue reading
Developer bans should stay If the Hunter and NSW communities are to once again have confidence in democracy, developer dollars have to be kept out of the political process. If the environment is to be liveable and heritage preserved then … Continue reading
For the city at the centre of the saga, the consequences are yet to be realised. Greens Councillor Therese Doyle and Tim Crakanthorp are calling for a moratorium on development decisions made by the state government. See NBN report here.
Greens councillors are calling for Jeff McCloy to stand down as Newcastle Lord Mayor, amid an ongoing ICAC probe into political donations. It follows Mr McCloy’s admission that he contributed almost $10,000 to Tim Owen’s 2011 state election campaign. See … Continue reading