Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Tag Archives: Community Consultation
Here’s your opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions of your local candidates in the Newcastle Council election: 29 August: Aesha Awan will be speaking at the Ward 4 Candidate Forum organised by ConnectAbility at Wallsend Library https://www.facebook.com/events/111515282852290/ … Continue reading
The state meeting of the NSW Greens in Gloucester this weekend has called on the state government to lift its gag on discussion of key parts of the city’s revitalisation in its current “Community Engagement” process. The government’s process has … Continue reading
Dear Lord Mayor Pursuant to clauses 7.1.3 and 7.2, of Newcastle Council’s Code of Meeting Practice, we, the undersigned, hereby request that you call an Extraordinary Meeting of Newcastle Council as outlined below. An extraordinary Council Meeting on the draft … Continue reading
At last Tuesday’s meeting Newcastle City Council radically restructured the way it will operate. Unfortunately, it was done without real consultation with the elected councillors. The new management structure will eliminate one director, an entire division and five senior management … Continue reading
Newcastle councillors are being asked to adopt a Community Engagement Policy without even putting the document on public exhibition, according to Newcastle Greens councillors. The council will be considering the draft Community Engagement Policy and Community Engagement Framework at tomorrow … Continue reading
Below are two videos from the NURS2012 public meeting we held last month. Councillor Michael Osborne discusses the various issues in the NURS2012 document and David Shoebridge MLC discusses planning in a statewide context with reference to the white and … Continue reading
“Vibrant and activated public places happen when people feel welcome and included in public events. said Therese Doyle, Greens candidate for Ward 2 in the 8 September Newcastle council elections. “ “Newcastle is a city with an abundance of beautiful … Continue reading
NO MORE “Business as usual” AT NEWCASTLE PORT OUR PORT OUR FUTURE COMMUNITY FORUM Friday 17th August, 2012 To see full report click here