Join the Newcastle Greens
- Margaret Henry Memorial Lecture
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
Tag Archives: Coal Loader
The results from the Lower Hunter Particle Characterisation Study released today by the NSW EPA pinpoints the sources of industrial air pollution in Newcastle and provides all the evidence needed for the EPA to embark on a targeted pollution reduction … Continue reading
Interview by NBN with Greens member John Mckenzie. See complete item here.
Greens Newcastle By-election candidate Michael Osborne has called on the Planning Assessment Commission considering the controversial T4 coal loader project to seek further advice about the impact of the recent decision by China to stop importing ‘dirty’ high ash coal. “This … Continue reading
THE latest revelations in the Independent Commission Against Corruption have highlighted the urgent need to go back to first principles to get good planning back on track in Newcastle. This is especially so in light of the Planning Assessment Commission … Continue reading
Review of Port Waratah Coal Services Terminal 4 Project (MP10_0125) Preferred Project Report, November 2013 – Objection – Newcastle Greens
This document outlines the important deficiencies in the “REVIEW OF PORT WARATAH COAL SERVICES TERMINAL 4 PROJECT” (the Project). The document does not focus on the obvious deficiencies of this project with respect to climate change, the unacceptable impact on … Continue reading
The State Government has a poor record in regulating industrial activities in the Port of Newcastle. And now the State Government wants to sell-off our Port and they are telling Newcastle people that everything will be OK because “the new … Continue reading
12 Apr 2013 The Greens today have welcomed reports that Port Waratah Coal Services has delayed Newcastle’s proposed forth coal terminal T4, calling it a testament to the strength and tenacity of the local community campaign. They are calling on … Continue reading
Monday, 15 April 2013 with Greens Senators Richard Di Natale and Lee Rhiannon Newcastle Room, Newcastle City Hall 7pm (for 7:30pm start) All welcome. Free entry. Australian Greens spokesperson for health Dr Richard Di Natale and NSW Greens Senator Lee Rhiannon … Continue reading