Join the Newcastle Greens
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
- NSW State Election March 2019 Preselection
- Newcastle City Councillor, Dr John Mackenzie nominates to stand as the Newcastle Greens candidate for the next Federal election
- Greens Back Council’s Commitment to Ambitious Affordable Housing Program
Category Archives: Policies
My mate’s advice was to “keep throwing those lines out there and eventually you will catch something”. He was right. Mr Fitzgibbon keeps throwing out these “lines” against the Greens that I would like people to take a closer look … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens Policy on Connected City (long version). Adopted August 2012 Newcastle Greens recognise that transport is a key component of a sustainable, fair and liveable city. Responsibility for transport infrastructure and services is shared among different spheres of government, … Continue reading
“Vibrant and activated public places happen when people feel welcome and included in public events. said Therese Doyle, Greens candidate for Ward 2 in the 8 September Newcastle council elections. “ “Newcastle is a city with an abundance of beautiful … Continue reading
Arts and Culture, Public Places and Tourism, Recreation and Sport Newcastle can become a welcoming, safe and vibrant place through embracing diversity and inclusiveness. Vibrant public places in Newcastle can be created by establishing diverse public events and supporting entertainment … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens Policy on Childcare and Early Childhood Support A community-focused and child-friendly council Newcastle Greens believe that Newcastle City Council is the best-placed sphere of government to monitor and address early childhood and childcare needs of the Newcastle community. … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens today (on National Tree Day) launched their Urban Forest and Tree Management Policy for the September Newcastle Council elections, saying that winning back the confidence of the community for the council’s management of the city’s trees would be … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens Policy on Waste Reduce, Re-use, Recycle Landfill wastes valuable resources (many of which are non-renewable) and generates a range of pollutants, including carbon emissions. Newcastle Greens believe that local councils, businesses and institutions, households and individuals all have … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens today launched their Protected and enhanced environment policy on World Environment Day, 94 days out from the Council elections, with a set of actions that will save the Council and save the community in the long term.
1 June 2012 Newcastle Greens today launched their Local Democracy, Collaborative Leadership and Open Government Policy for the September Newcastle Council election, pushing for Newcastle Council to adopt a Local Democracy Policy aimed at making the council more open, responsive … Continue reading