Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Category Archives: Water
27 February 2015 Bobs Farm and Williamtown sandmine proposals irresponsible The Greens NSW mining spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham today labelled two sandmining proposals at Bobs Farm and Williamtown irresponsible and called on the NSW Government to listen to the concerns of … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens candidates slam Hunter Water for not protecting the community’s high conservation value assets
“The wetland area near Minmi was given to the Hunter District Water Board many years ago to use as a sewerage treatment plant, but now that Hunter Water is no longer using it as a treatment plant, it should be … Continue reading
Save our ocean and beaches! Hunter Water is asking people in Newcastle to say the option we want for disposing of sewage over the next 30 years. We have only two weeks left to vote on options that will determine … Continue reading
10th July 2012 The community supports the full protection of the entire Hexham Wetlands in the National Parks Estate so that it can be managed properly, says Green Corridor Coalition convenor Michael Osborne. “Hunter Water owns important high conservation value … Continue reading
Hunter Water’s response to the plight of Elermore Vale residents and schoolchildren who are having to endure raw sewage overflows is completely inadequate, according to The Greens Lord Mayoral and Ward 4 candidate for Newcastle, John Sutton. Mr Sutton said … Continue reading
The theme for this year’s World Environment Day is ‘Green Economy: Does it include you?’ My response to this question is “not yet”. But I want to make sure my kids are included in one. Forty years ago, the United … Continue reading
NO TILLEGRA DAM The Tillegra Dam is ill-conceived – its construction was not on the radar of Hunter Water for the next 20 years or more yet it has been thrust forward as a ‘quick-fix’ political decision. The Williams River … Continue reading
Sue Wynn, Greens candidate for Swansea has joined Greens Upper House candidate Dr John Kaye in opposing the expensive and ineffective solution of desalination plants to solve the drastic shortage of water in the Central Coast section of the Swansea … Continue reading