Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Category Archives: Trees
If you’re looking for a rad way to meet the best people Newcastle has to offer, spread the good word about the Greens (especially regarding our excellent candidates running in the Newcastle City Council Elections) and enjoy the lovely winter … Continue reading
Here’s your opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions of your local candidates in the Newcastle Council election: 29 August: Aesha Awan will be speaking at the Ward 4 Candidate Forum organised by ConnectAbility at Wallsend Library https://www.facebook.com/events/111515282852290/ … Continue reading
Making our urban forest safer ‘Beautiful terror’ in art Community energy powers on Who will revitalise Newcastle? A tale of broken promises T4: Multinational trump locals – again How TAFE is being sacrificed on the altar of ‘competition’ And lots … Continue reading
Before the storm that tore through our city on the night of Monday 20th April wreaking havoc in its path, nobody would have even asked that question. But now, many of us feel less certain about trees; we’ve had our … Continue reading
The Newcastle Greens are demanding a smarter approach from the State Government in regulating the pruning of street trees by electricity companies. “While there is a need to manage street trees to ensure safety around power lines, what we have … Continue reading
Greens candidate for Lake Macquarie Council North Ward, Ms Jane Oakley, used National Tree Day today as an opportunity to announce that she would champion a fresh approach to strategic tree management in Lake Macquarie, if she is elected on … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens today (on National Tree Day) launched their Urban Forest and Tree Management Policy for the September Newcastle Council elections, saying that winning back the confidence of the community for the council’s management of the city’s trees would be … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens Policy on Urban Forest and Tree Management Greening our city: “Speak for the trees” Newcastle Greens believe that Newcastle council, community groups and organisations, neighbourhoods, households and individuals all have a significant role to play in managing our … Continue reading
Sunday 3 June 2012 “Newcastle City Council’s removal of a large Moreton Bay fig tree from Gregson Park today demonstrates that council management is determined to proceed with its large tree removal program without consulting either the community or the … Continue reading