Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Category Archives: Planning
Greens by-election candidate for Newcastle Cr Michael Osborne has called for projects and decisions under investigation by the NSW Parliamentary Inquiry into Planning Process in Newcastle and the Broader Hunter Region to be put on hold until the inquiry reports. … Continue reading
“I welcome the Greens-initiated Parliamentary inquiry into tainted planning and development decisions and encourage Newcastle residents to make submissions and get their voices heard when the inquiry begins,” Greens candidate for Newcastle Cr Michael Osborne said. “I’m pleased that the … Continue reading
Greens candidates for the Newcastle and Charlestown By-Elections, Michael Osborne and Jane Oakley, will tonight throw their support behind a community driven Charter for Good Planning in NSW at an event in Hamilton. The Better Planning Network will host the, … Continue reading
THE latest revelations in the Independent Commission Against Corruption have highlighted the urgent need to go back to first principles to get good planning back on track in Newcastle. This is especially so in light of the Planning Assessment Commission … Continue reading
Rally postponed until Saturday 6th September.
Tim Owen has announced that he will not recontest the seat of Newcastle because it is likely that prohibited donors “contributed in some way” to his election campaign. This decision is the proper one. But in the wake of the … Continue reading
Cr Michael Osborne today has called on the state government to be open and honest and remove themselves from planning for the Newcastle City Centre. “The State Government has appointed their own state government developer UrbanGrowth NSW to coordinate the … Continue reading
The Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy received a prize for ‘best large project’ from the Planning Institute of Australia last Tuesday night. The strategy was not quite the work of collaboration it was made out to be by the prize-givers, since … Continue reading