Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Category Archives: Newcastle Port
Last month the Hunter and Central Coast Development Corporation (HCCDC) released the ‘Honeysuckle Foreshore Public Domain Plan’. It presents ‘design concepts’ and ‘artist impressions’ for public areas in Honeysuckle West, along the last remaining area of undeveloped foreshore. The Plan … Continue reading
Interview by NBN with Greens member John Mckenzie. See complete item here.
Making our urban forest safer ‘Beautiful terror’ in art Community energy powers on Who will revitalise Newcastle? A tale of broken promises T4: Multinational trump locals – again How TAFE is being sacrificed on the altar of ‘competition’ And lots … Continue reading
See Michael Osborne’s address here
WHEN Newcastle lord mayor Jeff McCloy offered ‘‘the support of the city’’ to the planned fourth coal loader in a glowing submission to the Department of Planning and Infrastructure, he did so without the authority of the council. And, in … Continue reading
Friday December 6th 2013: Message to Members and Supporters from Cr Michael Osborne NEW STATE ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY FOR NEWCASTLE PORT 2013 Please take action (IT’S EASY). Cut and paste the form letter below, or write in your own words reasons … Continue reading
Review of Port Waratah Coal Services Terminal 4 Project (MP10_0125) Preferred Project Report, November 2013 – Objection – Newcastle Greens
This document outlines the important deficiencies in the “REVIEW OF PORT WARATAH COAL SERVICES TERMINAL 4 PROJECT” (the Project). The document does not focus on the obvious deficiencies of this project with respect to climate change, the unacceptable impact on … Continue reading
The State Government has a poor record in regulating industrial activities in the Port of Newcastle. And now the State Government wants to sell-off our Port and they are telling Newcastle people that everything will be OK because “the new … Continue reading
Newcastle Port sale a bad deal for NSW and a disaster for Newcastle What are you thinking Barry? Paying for Newcastle’s urban renewal by selling a revenue generating asset (Newcastle port) to remove another revenue generating asset (the city’s rail … Continue reading