Join the Newcastle Greens
- Margaret Henry Memorial Lecture
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
Category Archives: Local Community
Media release 18 December 2015 The Coalition’s forced amalgamations announced today have recommended that Newcastle and Port Stephens councils merge without a shred of evidence in support. The Newcastle – Port Stephens forced merger plan must now go through a … Continue reading
Making our urban forest safer ‘Beautiful terror’ in art Community energy powers on Who will revitalise Newcastle? A tale of broken promises T4: Multinational trump locals – again How TAFE is being sacrificed on the altar of ‘competition’ And lots … Continue reading
The state meeting of the NSW Greens in Gloucester this weekend has called on the state government to lift its gag on discussion of key parts of the city’s revitalisation in its current “Community Engagement” process. The government’s process has … Continue reading
Before the storm that tore through our city on the night of Monday 20th April wreaking havoc in its path, nobody would have even asked that question. But now, many of us feel less certain about trees; we’ve had our … Continue reading
WATCH Karen Howard, Tim Crakanthorp and Michael Osborne share their vison for Hunter business in a special Q & A forum, thanks to Hunter TV.
Run-down public sites need “Renew Newcastle” type approach to stop demolition by neglect, say Greens
The Greens candidate for Ward 3, Nevenka Bareham, today called for a systematic and cooperative approach for identifying and re-use of deteriorating local public buildings and sites in the Newcastle area. Ms Bareham said that she had recently been contacted … Continue reading
Media Release Saturday 14th February 2015 The Greens’ candidate for the Ward 3 by-election has vowed she will fight to protect local shopping strips from the detrimental effects of shopping centres. “Our shopping strips are the hearts of our community. … Continue reading
Presentation to Lambton Residents Group Monday 16th February 6pm at Lambton Bowling club Good evening fellow candidates, residents of ward 3, and other visitors Firstly I would like to acknowledge the land on which we are meeting is Awabakal land, … Continue reading