Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Category Archives: Homelessness
The aggressive commitment to affordable housing by Newcastle Council has been heralded by Greens Councillor John Mackenzie as the defining achievement of this Council term to date. “Everyone needs a home where they can feel secure, live comfortably and be … Continue reading
If you’re looking for a rad way to meet the best people Newcastle has to offer, spread the good word about the Greens (especially regarding our excellent candidates running in the Newcastle City Council Elections) and enjoy the lovely winter … Continue reading
Here’s your opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions of your local candidates in the Newcastle Council election: 29 August: Aesha Awan will be speaking at the Ward 4 Candidate Forum organised by ConnectAbility at Wallsend Library https://www.facebook.com/events/111515282852290/ … Continue reading
MEDIA RELEASE GREENS LAUNCH COUNCIL CAMPAIGN TO PUT COMMUNITIES FIRST 21 August, 2017 The Greens today launched their campaign to contest all four wards and the Lord Mayoralty in the upcoming Newcastle Council election. Lord Mayor and Ward 2 Candidate … Continue reading
MEDIA RELEASE – 5 April, 2017 NSW Greens Housing spokesperson, Jenny Leong MP says that ending ‘no grounds’ evictions in NSW is a simple reform that will provide much needed security for renters in Newcastle, Port Stephens, the Hunter and … Continue reading
With escalating rents and the shortfall in available rental properties, more and more renters are competing with each other for what can be substandard, over-priced, insecure or inappropriate housing. Despite renters making up one third of all Australian households, no-one … Continue reading
An investment in renewable energy, secure housing and education are key priorities for Greens candidate for Newcastle Michael Osborne. Councillor Osborne, who has clocked up almost a decade on Newcastle City Council, says the Greens can offer the electorate investments … Continue reading