Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Category Archives: Employment
Sinead Francis-Coan. Greens’ Candidate for Wallsend As the world transitions from fossil fuels to the energy of the future, local jobs and economic gain from this sector dwindle. As a region home to the world’s largest coal exports, the Hunter … Continue reading
Here’s your opportunity to meet, hear from, and ask questions of your local candidates in the Newcastle Council election: 29 August: Aesha Awan will be speaking at the Ward 4 Candidate Forum organised by ConnectAbility at Wallsend Library https://www.facebook.com/events/111515282852290/ … Continue reading
MEDIA RELEASE GREENS LAUNCH COUNCIL CAMPAIGN TO PUT COMMUNITIES FIRST 21 August, 2017 The Greens today launched their campaign to contest all four wards and the Lord Mayoralty in the upcoming Newcastle Council election. Lord Mayor and Ward 2 Candidate … Continue reading
Greens by-election candidate for Newcastle Cr Michael Osborne has labeled Labor’s rehashed convention centre announcement as evidence they have learnt nothing from their previous developer mistakes.Greens Newcastle Candidate Cr Michael Osborne said, “That Labor wants to hand over our public foreshore … Continue reading
For more information and to read the whole plan click here.
Press conference with Adam Bandt, member Melbourne for and Michael Osborne Greens candidate for Newcastle See the full press conference on Hunter TV here.
The Greens have labelled the Coalition “autonomy for TAFE” plan as a backward step for the Hunter and said it would be the first stage of full privatisation of vocational education and training. Greens higher education spokesperson Senator Lee Rhiannon … Continue reading
Job cuts to Fairfax titles in Newcastle would compromise the quality and viability of key Newcastle newspapers, and strike another blow to Newcastle’s ailing CBD, Newcastle Greens said today. “Fairfax is Newcastle’s major local newspaper provider (including our only regional … Continue reading