Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Category Archives: Container Deposits
Making our urban forest safer ‘Beautiful terror’ in art Community energy powers on Who will revitalise Newcastle? A tale of broken promises T4: Multinational trump locals – again How TAFE is being sacrificed on the altar of ‘competition’ And lots … Continue reading
Planning in NSW will be in the spotlight this Sunday, Clean Up Australia Day, when Greens MP and Planning spokesperson David Shoebridge will be meeting with local Greens candidates Phillipa Parsons and Jane Oakley to demand a transparent and accountable … Continue reading
THE things we consume and the waste we generate are costing us the earth. Australians are one of the highest waste generators on the planet. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, on average, every man, woman and child produces … Continue reading
The Boomerang Alliance of 27 national and state environment groups invites you to the Newcastle ‘Kicking the Can’ – part of a month-long information and record setting community effort in support of a national container deposit system – highlighting that … Continue reading
MEDIA RELEASE 1/09/2012 Locals Show Overwhelming Support for National Container Deposit Scheme “Yesterday, Newcastle residents joined us in showing their overwhelming support for a container deposit scheme by participating in our own buyback event”, said Newcastle Greens Ward 3 candidate, … Continue reading
There are only three days left to voice your support for a national Container Deposit Scheme (CDS). In doing so, you can help stop more than 9 million recyclable containers going to landfill every day. The Federal Governments “Regulatory Impact … Continue reading