Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Category Archives: Coal Seam Gas
Media Release Charlotte McCabe, Greens candidate for Newcastle Write this in your diaries: Thursday the 7th of February, 5.30- 7.00pm, Newcastle City Hall. There will be a demonstration to coincide with the Federal Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s community … Continue reading
The Greens NSW mining and coal seam gas spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham today said that with public opinion set against coal seam gas and the oil price in the doldrums, the Baird Government should not be using taxpayers money to bail-out … Continue reading
Greens by-election candidate for Newcastle Cr Michael Osborne has called on the Labor Party to explain why their new coal seam gas policy doesn’t protect the Hunter.The call follows an announcement by Labor leader John Robertson that the ALP would … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens hopes you will attend our Forum ‘Dancing with the devil is a risk we can’t afford’ at Newcastle Town Hall on Friday May 16 at 7.30pm. Special Guests include: Jeremy Buckingham MLC; Simon Sheikh from Fossil free Australia; … Continue reading
Recent reports of a looming gas shortage in eastern Australia and proposals for dealing with it are based on out of date supply-side thinking, in which constraints can only be solved by more investment in infrastructure. This mid-20th century worldview … Continue reading
It’s time we took the air we breathe more seriously. Industries continue to pump dangerous emissions into our atmosphere that have huge costs to human health – and Australia’s air quality protections are lagging behind. The Greens will deliver a … Continue reading