Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Category Archives: Coal Expansion
LABOR’S reluctance to add its voice to community calls for mandatory covers on Hunter coal wagons has emerged as a sticking point in negotiations to secure Greens preferences in Newcastle for this month’s state election. The seat is one of … Continue reading
Greens Newcastle By-election candidate Michael Osborne has called on the Planning Assessment Commission considering the controversial T4 coal loader project to seek further advice about the impact of the recent decision by China to stop importing ‘dirty’ high ash coal. “This … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens hopes you will attend our Forum ‘Dancing with the devil is a risk we can’t afford’ at Newcastle Town Hall on Friday May 16 at 7.30pm. Special Guests include: Jeremy Buckingham MLC; Simon Sheikh from Fossil free Australia; … Continue reading
Review of Port Waratah Coal Services Terminal 4 Project (MP10_0125) Preferred Project Report, November 2013 – Objection – Newcastle Greens
This document outlines the important deficiencies in the “REVIEW OF PORT WARATAH COAL SERVICES TERMINAL 4 PROJECT” (the Project). The document does not focus on the obvious deficiencies of this project with respect to climate change, the unacceptable impact on … Continue reading
It’s time we took the air we breathe more seriously. Industries continue to pump dangerous emissions into our atmosphere that have huge costs to human health – and Australia’s air quality protections are lagging behind. The Greens will deliver a … Continue reading