Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Category Archives: Issues
Sinead Francis-Coan This International Women’s Day, I’m celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival. I am not a person who condones or believes in violence as an appropriate response. As a Green, one of our four pillars is peace and non-violence. … Continue reading
This International Women’s Day, I’m celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival. I am not a person who condones or believes in violence as an appropriate response. As a Green, one of our four pillars is peace and non-violence. And yet, … Continue reading
Last month the Hunter and Central Coast Development Corporation (HCCDC) released the ‘Honeysuckle Foreshore Public Domain Plan’. It presents ‘design concepts’ and ‘artist impressions’ for public areas in Honeysuckle West, along the last remaining area of undeveloped foreshore. The Plan … Continue reading
Media Release Charlotte McCabe, Greens candidate for Newcastle Write this in your diaries: Thursday the 7th of February, 5.30- 7.00pm, Newcastle City Hall. There will be a demonstration to coincide with the Federal Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s community … Continue reading
MEDIA RELEASE Tuesday 29th January The Newcastle Greens have today slammed the ‘manifesto’ released by the Minerals Council which calls on the major parties to use tax payer’s money to prop up the coal industry. “Mr Galilee and his lobby … Continue reading
Sinead Francis-Coan. Greens’ Candidate for Wallsend As the world transitions from fossil fuels to the energy of the future, local jobs and economic gain from this sector dwindle. As a region home to the world’s largest coal exports, the Hunter … Continue reading
The aggressive commitment to affordable housing by Newcastle Council has been heralded by Greens Councillor John Mackenzie as the defining achievement of this Council term to date. “Everyone needs a home where they can feel secure, live comfortably and be … Continue reading
Greens Councillor John Mackenzie says a move to turn the Hunter Street pedestrian mall into a road with a higher speed limit is the consequence of planning decisions “choking the city”. Newcastle City Council approved an “East End streetscape” plan on … Continue reading