Join the Newcastle Greens
- Margaret Henry Memorial Lecture
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
Category Archives: 2015 State
Greens blast ‘misleading and deceptive’ Liberal public transport claims in Newcastle election leaflet
The Greens today blasted a Liberal election leaflet being distributed throughout the Newcastle area that claims the Baird government has delivered “12,000 extra public transport services per week”. “It’s just as well for the Liberals that consumer protection laws don’t … Continue reading
Senator Lee Rhiannon is backing Michael Osborne, Newcastle Greens candidate, and his call for corruption watchdog measures to be tightened to remove the conflicts of interests many MPs have in dealing with the resource industry. “Clean politics is a priority … Continue reading
The Greens NSW mining and coal seam gas spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham today said that with public opinion set against coal seam gas and the oil price in the doldrums, the Baird Government should not be using taxpayers money to bail-out … Continue reading
MINE subsidence is a major constraint to Newcastle’s revitalisation, but the state government should not be undermining our public infrastructure fund by giving handouts to private developers, as they have recently announced. We need a sustainable, equitable and long-term solution, … Continue reading
Early childhood education is a critical part of building a smart, healthy and productive society. The centre of population of the greater Newcastle area is moving steadily West and the Wallsend electorate is witnessing the bulk of the growth in … Continue reading
LABOR’S reluctance to add its voice to community calls for mandatory covers on Hunter coal wagons has emerged as a sticking point in negotiations to secure Greens preferences in Newcastle for this month’s state election. The seat is one of … Continue reading
WATCH Karen Howard, Tim Crakanthorp and Michael Osborne share their vison for Hunter business in a special Q & A forum, thanks to Hunter TV.
27 February 2015 Bobs Farm and Williamtown sandmine proposals irresponsible The Greens NSW mining spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham today labelled two sandmining proposals at Bobs Farm and Williamtown irresponsible and called on the NSW Government to listen to the concerns of … Continue reading