Join the Newcastle Greens
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
- John Mackenzie Announced as Greens Candidate for Newcastle
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
Category Archives: 2013 Federal
It has now been confirmed: we can power Australia with 100% clean energy by 2030 for around the same cost as polluting fossil fuels. We know that Abbott wants to cut the $10+ billion of clean energy investment that the … Continue reading
Make sure that your vote counts on Saturday. To vote Greens in the Senate (the large white ballot paper) just put a ‘1’ in the box labelled ‘R THE GREENS’ above the line only. If you vote above the line, … Continue reading
It’s time we took the air we breathe more seriously. Industries continue to pump dangerous emissions into our atmosphere that have huge costs to human health – and Australia’s air quality protections are lagging behind. The Greens will deliver a … Continue reading
The Greens candidate for the Federal electorate of Newcastle Michael Osborne has thrown his support behind the controversial redevelopment of the city’s art gallery. Supporters of the art gallery say this time last year the $21 million dollar project was … Continue reading
The Greens have labelled the Coalition “autonomy for TAFE” plan as a backward step for the Hunter and said it would be the first stage of full privatisation of vocational education and training. Greens higher education spokesperson Senator Lee Rhiannon … Continue reading
Newcastle Greens Candidate Councillor Michael Osborne has taken the following pledge to Fight for the Reef if elected to represent Newcastle in the next Federal Parliament: Like all Australians, I regard the Great Barrier Reef as one of the world’s … Continue reading
What motivated you to run for the seat of Newcastle? I see the election as an opportunity to make a difference for Newcastle and to end the dominance of the duopoly of the two old parties. I’m a strong advocate … Continue reading
Australia has a responsibility to contribute to both long term development aimed at eliminating global poverty and to emergency relief. The Greens are commitmented to an increase in the level of Australian overseas aid to a minimum of 0.7% of … Continue reading