Join the Newcastle Greens
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
- Greens call on Wallsend candidates to make NSW A Safe State!
- Greens announce two strong young activists as their candidates for Newcastle and Wallsend
Author Archives: KateP
This is your chance to do something to stop the destruction of TAFE in NSW. Please join us for the Newcastle action at Hamilton TAFE at 12:30pm on Monday October 12, bring signs and please share your photos of the action … Continue reading
Media release 16 January 2015 Newcastle Greens have pre-selected Ms Nevenka Bareham as their candidate in the Ward 3 by-election on February 21. Nevenka has lived and worked in Newcastle for over 30 years, having grown up in Sydney. She … Continue reading
Hi supporters, We may all be feeling a little election fatigue in the Hunter, but there’s two more elections coming up – the Ward 3 by-election will be taking place on 21st February, 2015 and the NSW state election on … Continue reading
Volunteers from Save Our Rail , Hunter Concerned Citizens , The Greens and other rail supporters have have been handing out these leaflets since rail services stopped at Broadmeadow Station on Boxing Day . Volunteers from Save Our Rail , … Continue reading
Let’s change “Do it anyway”, (quote from Mother Teresa, purportedly featured on Jeff McCloy’s desk) to “Do it right”. With by-elections on 25th October, voters in the electorates of Newcastle and Charlestown have a unique opportunity to get away from … Continue reading
This week has been a big week in local news, there are plenty of stories to catch up on if you’ve missed out on these. Please follow the links in the headlines through to the full stories on News websites.
Newcastle has yet to be given a clear view of the impacts of the 98-year lease of Newcastle Port to a consortium including China Merchants Group, a state owned corporation of People’s Republic of China, what the terms of the agreement between … Continue reading
Liberals and developer Lord Mayor McCloy treat Newcastle with contempt You might not know it, but there are some very drastic changes about to happen to Newcastle’s planning controls. Indeed, many of the controls that keep our city liveable, and … Continue reading
During the last Federal election the Newcastle Greens ran an innovative and inspiring campaign that included producing beer coasters (it is Newcastle after all!) and having a campaign caravan that was used as a mobile office to reach out to … Continue reading
Barry O’Farrell and the NSW State Government are poised to spend $470M of taxpayer’s money building a transport interchange at Wickham and cutting train services from Wickham to Newcastle. What will NSW taxpayers get for this money? Supporters of the … Continue reading