Greens Member for Balmain Jamie Parker MP has backed calls by Greens Newcastle by-election candidate Michael Osborne that only the Greens can beat Labor in the by-election this Saturday and ensure the Newcastle community is heard in the Parliament.
Jamie Parker, Greens Member for Balmain said, “Since being elected as the first Greens Lower House State MP in New South Wales, I have worked to be a genuine community voice in the Parliament.
“Like in Newcastle, Balmain was a contest between Labor and the Greens. The community has put their trust in the Greens because we have shown in the Parliament that we will advocate for them ahead of developers and other vested interests.
“It was the Greens, through my voice in the Parliament, that called on Tim Owen and Andrew Cornwell to resign. With Michael Osborne working along side me in the NSW Parliament, combined five other Greens MPs in the Upper House, we can do more to build a brighter future for Newcastle,” Jamie Parker said.
Greens candidate for Newcastle Michael Osborne said, “Only the Greens can beat Labor this weekend. Now is not the time for Newcastle voters to waste their vote on independent candidates.
“The Greens, through the election of Jamie Parker in Balmain, have shown we can beat Labor, win seats in the lower house and be a powerful voice for the community.
“On the critical issues of concern to Newcastle, such as revitalizing the CBD, preparing for a transition away from coal, investing in TAFE and improving access to services, it is only the Greens who have a real plan for Newcastle,” Greens candidate for Newcastle Michael Osborne said.
Michael Osborne – 0439 442 984
Jamie Parker – 0418 428 089
Join the Newcastle Greens
- How to Vote Greens – Council Election 4th December 2021
- Greens shine a light on NRAS sunset clause
- Newcastle falling short on cycle network
- Newcastle’s missed opportunity to do tourism differently
- Margaret Henry Memorial Lecture
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.