The Boomerang Alliance of 27 national and state environment groups invites you to the Newcastle ‘Kicking the Can’ – part of a month-long information and record setting community effort in support of a national container deposit system – highlighting that 15,000 bottles and cans are landfilled or littered – every minute governments delay a decision.
We’ll kick a can for every letter and petition signature.
The media event will take place on:
10am, Thursday 18th April, Brake Block Park, Honeysuckle Dr, Civic
Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens commit to improving rental security for Newcastle
- #cantstandby – Ending Migrant Detention in Australia
- Newcastle Greens – Campaign Planning Day, 30th October
- Crown Land Seminar – Thursday October 20th
- More bluster and bullying from Baird on the Newcastle rail rezoning
- Real Film Festival Newcvastle
- Broke Screening – 21 August
- Greens call for rail corridor protection now
- End Domestic Violence Against Women
- Voters in the Hunter will determine the final Senate seat, say Greens
Coal Seam Gas by the Numbers: ABC NewsThe ABC's data journalism project has pulled together information from dozens of sources to provide an insight into the promise and the dangers inherent in the coal seam gas rush. http://www.abc.net.au/news/specials/coal-seam-gas-by-the-numbers/