Join the Newcastle Greens
- Greens Announce $21 million to repair Stockton and End Seismic Testing
- Greens to Fund Wallsend Flood Works
- Rise Against Racism Forum 9th May
- Greens Senator to Visit Newcastle Thursday 11/4 to Launch Fee Free Uni and TAFE Initiative for the Hunter
- Female resilience, intersectionality and survival.
- Celebrating female resilience, intersectionality and survival
- Honeysuckle Plan Fails to Connect With City
- Massive community opposition to Asset Energy’s offshore oil and gas project
- Newcastle Greens call for climate leadership and clean politics.
- Tourism potential goes begging in Wallsend and the west
Stop T4 – Rally and Street Parade
Saturday 16th March, 10am
Customs House, Newcastle (across the road from Newcastle Station). Parade to Civic Park.
Put this in your diary now!
A fun, vibrant, colourful, and determined public demonstration against industry plans to more than double coal exports from the Hunter.
Join people from all across NSW to say “No!” to more coal.
You should come if:
* You’re a Newcastle resident who is sick of breathing in coal dust.
* You’re a farmer fighting the expansion of coal mining into agricultural land.
* You live along the rail line in Newcastle or the Hunter Valley, and are sick of coal trains.
* You’ve been told by politicians that a coal mine is coming to your community.
* You’re a citizen of NSW, who puts community health, democracy, and biodiversity before coal industry profits.
* You’re a citizen of the world, who wants to leave a liveable climate for our children.
Please bring colourful props to demonstrate where you are from and why you want to stop T4!
The demonstration is being organised by the Coal Terminal Action Group, an alliance of 18 community groups.