Join the Newcastle Greens
- The Inaugural Margaret Henry Lecture
- NSW State Election March 2019 Preselection
- Newcastle City Councillor, Dr John Mackenzie nominates to stand as the Newcastle Greens candidate for the next Federal election
- Greens Back Council’s Commitment to Ambitious Affordable Housing Program
- Removal of Pedestrian Mall in Hunter Street No Solution to Choked City
- After The Apology screening in Newcastle
- STOP SEISMIC TESTING OFF NEWCASTLE – Community Meeting
- Hunter Regional Greens Training
- Save the Store, Urges Greens Councillor
- Newcastle Council Bans the Bag to End Plastic Pollution
Stop T4 – Rally and Street Parade
Saturday 16th March, 10am
Customs House, Newcastle (across the road from Newcastle Station). Parade to Civic Park.
Put this in your diary now!
A fun, vibrant, colourful, and determined public demonstration against industry plans to more than double coal exports from the Hunter.
Join people from all across NSW to say “No!” to more coal.
You should come if:
* You’re a Newcastle resident who is sick of breathing in coal dust.
* You’re a farmer fighting the expansion of coal mining into agricultural land.
* You live along the rail line in Newcastle or the Hunter Valley, and are sick of coal trains.
* You’ve been told by politicians that a coal mine is coming to your community.
* You’re a citizen of NSW, who puts community health, democracy, and biodiversity before coal industry profits.
* You’re a citizen of the world, who wants to leave a liveable climate for our children.
Please bring colourful props to demonstrate where you are from and why you want to stop T4!
The demonstration is being organised by the Coal Terminal Action Group, an alliance of 18 community groups.