Join the Newcastle Greens
- Newcastle Greens Fundraiser – “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power”
- The future for energy in Lake Macquarie
- After Liddell: The future for energy in Muswellbrook
- Greens commit to improving rental security for Newcastle
- #cantstandby – Ending Migrant Detention in Australia
- Newcastle Greens – Campaign Planning Day, 30th October
- Crown Land Seminar – Thursday October 20th
- More bluster and bullying from Baird on the Newcastle rail rezoning
- Real Film Festival Newcvastle
- Broke Screening – 21 August
Stop T4 – Rally and Street Parade
Saturday 16th March, 10am
Customs House, Newcastle (across the road from Newcastle Station). Parade to Civic Park.
Put this in your diary now!
A fun, vibrant, colourful, and determined public demonstration against industry plans to more than double coal exports from the Hunter.
Join people from all across NSW to say “No!” to more coal.
You should come if:
* You’re a Newcastle resident who is sick of breathing in coal dust.
* You’re a farmer fighting the expansion of coal mining into agricultural land.
* You live along the rail line in Newcastle or the Hunter Valley, and are sick of coal trains.
* You’ve been told by politicians that a coal mine is coming to your community.
* You’re a citizen of NSW, who puts community health, democracy, and biodiversity before coal industry profits.
* You’re a citizen of the world, who wants to leave a liveable climate for our children.
Please bring colourful props to demonstrate where you are from and why you want to stop T4!
The demonstration is being organised by the Coal Terminal Action Group, an alliance of 18 community groups.