TRANSITION STREETS CHALLENGE
Transition Streets Challenge is here and now taking applications. You have until 10 April to get together with your neighbours and apply to join this great project.
The Transition Streets Challenge offers the opportunity to come together with your neighbours and support each other to take control of your energy and water bills, learn about growing your own food, reduce waste, and build a more connected neighbourhood.
We are looking for four to six streets in the Newcastle area to take on the challenge for six months, from May 2012.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOP
As a follow on from the Fair Share Festival, Transition Newcastle will be offering five workshops for members of community groups. The workshops are funded through the Fair Share Festival grant we received from UnitingCare Ageing (Hunter, Central Coast, and New England). The workshops will focus on a range of practical tools or skills for working with communities.
Each workshop is 2:00 – 5:00 pm on Saturday afternoons and the cost is what you can afford (suggested minimum $10)
- 31 March – Facilitating community engagement
- 12 May – Hosting community conversations (including appreciative inquiry, world cafes and open space)
- 2 June – Sustaining community leadership
- 23 June – Responding to conflict (both within and outside your group)
- 21 July – Building on community strengths (asset based community development)
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink